Parkside Mansion Sales Manager Job Description
Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Management/Owner
Compensation: $30,000/yr +7% of House sales
The Sales Manager will be responsible for all aspects of soliciting new business and increasing bookings at Parkside Mansion by building a profitable and sustained relationship with corporate clients, actively representing the Parkside brand within and outside of the community, and staying current with trending event activities and reporting findings to the center management and staff. The Sales Manager schedules and conducts tours of the Mansion with the expectation of closing the sale at the end of the meeting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Grow the number of bookings for the Mansion and achieve planned targets
- Oversee sales process including:
- Answering phones, emails
- Schedule and host sales tours
- Execute client sales proposals, contracts, and collect payments
- Conduct post-event client follow ups for reviews, deposit returns, etc.
- Maintain and negotiate all vendor contracts, commission income, and vendor relationships of Parkside Mansion
- Procure or manage preferred partner vendors and/or updating agreements for catering, alcohol, tent/table/chair rentals, etc. on a yearly basis along with management
- Communicate with Mansion management on sales activities and trending information Interacting with current and potential customers on the phone and walk in traffic
- Establish strong knowledge of the Mansion including capacity restriction, technology options and booking agreement policies
- Attend community events and represent Parkside Mansion’s brand
- Provide input for marketing and advertising pieces when needed.
- Manage the response to qualified leads in 17hats, client emails and phone inquiries when needed.
- Advise Management and offer suggestions for yearly updates on current sales documents such as contract, templates, one-sheets, Mansion rules and regulations, etc.
- Advise Management on staff recommendations for house managers, event coordinators, sales staff, etc.
- Plan and execute internal Marketing Events
- Manage outside marketing events (bridal shows, etc.)
- Provide daily reporting to General Manager
- Support event staff including assisting with the preparation and execution of events
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in event management, hospitality, marketing or a closely related field.
- Five years of experience including event and facility management;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Event sales experience with Corporate, Weddings and Social Events.
- Thorough knowledge of event work flows, planning, and event sales.
- Independent self-starter that thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, evenings and occasional holidays as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar, and ability to learn new customer relationship management software (17 hats)
- Must be very organized, and able to communicate well both with clients and management.
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying – tables, chairs, boxes (50 lb. maximum) occasionally.
- Bending/kneeling – taping down cords, skirting tables, picking up floor after function, occasionally.
- Flexibility – ability to service clients with little notice.
- Continuous standing – function observation (one hour minimum to four hours maximum).
- Climbing – up to 60 steps.