Parkside Mansion: Mansion Event Manager Job Description
Title: Mansion Event Manager
Reports to: Management/Owner
Compensation: $30,000/yr +4% of House sales
The Mansion Event Manager will be responsible for all aspects of executing events at Parkside Mansion by coordinating clients, staff, maintenance and vendors including event crew, technical support, audio-visual services, security, liquor, and other services at Parkside Mansion. This position works with all event clients by detailing and hosting events. The Mansion Event Manager also works with all Mansion contractors and vendors to ensure compliance with operating guidelines, safety, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attends events serves as operations support to ensure event success and safety, and monitors services provided
- Oversee event detailing process including:
- Answering phones, emails
- Schedule and host walk-through meetings
- Gather details of events including timeline, list of vendors, and set up needs
- Execute client event summaries and floor plans
- Physically sets up for events as requested by clients and Mansion staff. Assists with equipment needs and vendor arrangements
- Maintains facilities and performs minor maintenance. Works with contractors to perform other maintenance as required
- Coordinates deliveries of equipment, furniture and supplies associated with events orders such as tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, props, etc.
- Schedules Mansion contracted support staff and volunteers
- Oversees alcohol and other concessions in the facility
- Submits appropriate invoices and paperwork to maintain budgets and expenses
- Prepares a variety of reports on security, staffing utilization, event-related crowd control, and risk management issues
- Works with events calendar and reservations in conjunction with scheduling for repairs, etc. Attends weekly production meetings
- Continuously improves operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in event management, hospitality, marketing or a closely related field.
- Five years of experience including event and facility management;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Event management experience with Corporate, Weddings and Social Events.
- Thorough knowledge of event work flows, planning, and event execution.
- Independent self-starter that thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, evenings and occasional holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar, and ability to learn new customer relationship management software (17 hats)
- Must be very organized, and able to communicate well both with clients and management.
- Work nights and weekends.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying – tables, chairs, boxes (50 lb. maximum).
- Bending/kneeling – taping down cords, skirting tables, picking up floor after functio.
- Flexibility – ability to service clients with little notice.
- Continuous standing – function observation (one hour minimum to four hours maximum).
- Climbing – up to 60 steps.